10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Conference Registration
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Conference Kick-Off Physical Activity
Activities include zumba, yoga, running group, and walking group.
1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Workshops Sessions
Workshops will be presented in 3-hour and 1.5-hour formats. Conference participants may attend one 3.5-hour workshop or two 1.5-hour workshops.
3.5-HOUR Workshop Sessions (1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
1) Measuring inclusion in place: Testing a framework for assessing inclusive healthy places
J. Gardner, K. Pollack, A. Marpillero-Colomina
2) Planning and designing walkable environments for active living
M.W. Seymour, P.R. Summerlin
1.5-HOUR Workshop Session 1 (1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
1) Enhancing measures selection using the National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR) Measures Registry and User Guides
D. Berrigan, R. Ballard, G. Welk, J.F. Sallis
2) How can changes in your environment impact physical activity opportunities?
L. Wright, C. Fenlon-MacDonald
3) Mapping park use with Maptionnaire - A map-based online survey tool
S.M. Hughey, J. Schipperijn, M. Kahila, A. Broberg, A.T. Kaczynski, J.A. Hipp, E.W. Stowe, E. Oliphant
4) When the rubber hits the road: Understanding the broader implications of active transportation infrastructure
E. Hagan, N. Ferrara,
5) Methodological considerations in measuring physical activity and sedentary behaviour in older adults: Implications for accelerometry, GPS and GIS data
R.F. Hunter, C. Cleland, S. Ferguson, G. Ellis, R. Reis, A.A. Hino, C. Alberico
1.5-HOUR Workshop Session 2 (3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
1) Systematic observation of physical activity and its contexts
T.L. McKenzie, M.A.F. Lounsbery
2) Participatory research on improving active transportation: Using an online map-based questionnaire
R. Shokoohi, G. Weitkamp
3) Telling the story of active travel across the life span using body-worn accelerometer data
M.H. Granat, K. Lyden, D.J. Maxwell
4) Promoting physical activity in rural and remote Canada: an evidence and action workshop
C.I.J. Nykiforuk, L. Nieuwendyk, K. Raine, K. Atkey
5) The Walkability Planning Support System: An evidence-based tool to design healthy communities
C.I.J. Boulange, H. Badland, C. Pettit, B. Giles-Corti
6) Active Living Improv: Using improvisational comedy to collaborate and generate creative future solutions
J.A. Hirsch, J.E. Maddock, S.J. Mooney, D.W. Hatcher, J. Bocarro
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Poster Session 1 and Welcome Reception
The poster session will give presenters and attendees the opportunity to network and discuss the most recent active living research and practice/policy work across a broad range of topics and settings.
For detailed information, visit the official ALR2018 conference website: www.alr-conference.com.